3 – 2 – 1 TUTORING SERVICE
Tutoring can be in person or via Skype. Cost is $40/hr.
3-----Student will get special help with any vocabulary, any grammar, or any cultural topic.
2-----Tutoring will be private or with other members of your family.
Tutoring will be online or at a predetermined location.
1-----Student will be given a pre-test in vocabulary and/or grammar, in order to determine what level or specific topic of need the student requests.
Timothy got an 84 on his German test!!!! All because of you!!!!
Timothy told me that you are the first teacher who truly cares about his grades and how he is doing in class. This says a lot about today's teaching style and character. You are the last of the teachers who taught because they love to teach and not just to make the paycheck.
Thanks for caring!
Elaine, Timothy's mother
Week #2 Timothy gets 100!
Anny was a native German and all correspondence sent to Ethel her distant cousin and fri/was always typed, making it much easier to read. Ethel suspected the worse when a handwritten letter arrived from Anny's niece, but could not read the details.
Ed was hired to translate this family letter. Ethel was grateful for Ed's prompt translation announcing the passing of Anny.
- family history:
- die Familiengeschichte
- die Familienforschung
- Genealogy is a key that unlocks one’s heritage, and that will help put you and your family in touch with you roots.
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, about one in four Americans comes from German ancestry?
- DID YOUKNOW THAT, many of the mercenary troops from Hesse stayed after the Revolutionary War and helped to build America?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, genealogy can help you answer brick-wall questions, such as: Why did your ancestors come to America? From which German-speaking land did they come? When did your ancestors come to America?
- Genealogy opens doors—the door to geography, the door to history, and the door to language.
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, one/third of the people living in Pennsylvania have ancestors from Germany?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, Germans settled in many areas of Pennsylvania, such as Pittsburgh, Lancaster, Reading, Allentown, and Kutztown?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, the first permanent DEUTSCH colony in America was settled by German Quakers and Mennonites in Germantown (today a part of Philadelphia), Pennsylvania on October 6, 1683?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, a small group of Anabaptists (Mennonites) settled near the contemporary town of Strasburg, which became known as "Pennsylvania Dutch Country?"
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, it was voted down in the state legislature in 1778 by ONE vote to make DEUTSCH the official language of Pennsylvania?
- Genealogy helps to preserve the customs and the traditions of your ancestors from the German-speaking lands of Europe.
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, genealogy makes you aware of German-Americana, which has impacted all aspects of your daily life?
- DID YOU KNOW THAT, there are many German people, places, and things for you to discover when you climb that family tree?
WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN IN GERMAN?