- Carnival season kicks off in Germany.
- Carnival season, the
crazy time, starts on the 11th day of the 11th month at 11 minutes after 11 in the morning.
- Alaaf! Helau! Karneval season, also known as the
fünfte Jahreszeit(fifth season of the year), begins.
- Fasching, Fastnacht, Fasnet, Karneval The names differ in the various regions of Germany, but they all mean the same thing: foolish late-winter days dedicated to merry-making and fun.
- Düsseldorf, Köln (Cologne), and Mainz are considered to be Germany’s 3 carnival strongholds.
- Karneval begins in the Rheinland, going wild, once a year.
Karnevaler—Karneval revelers--- start the festivities in Cologne, Germany’s most famous Carnival city.
- Zany winter days: Carnival season begins in Germany.
- Ecstasy and astonishment: German
- Karneval fools reign between winter and spring.
- Eleven crazy Carnival events are held between November 11 and Lent.